• Two or more entries required in each event to ensure a race
• A student is considered a High School student, for the purpose of entry
into this regatta, once they have enrolled in Grade 9 Full-Time.
• All entries must be completed on-line on the CSSRA Regatta Registration provider no later than Tues. May 22, 2018,11:59pm EST
Name changes to entries must be made prior to May 25, 2018 6:00pm
Entry fees MUST be MADE ONLINE by May 27, 2018 9:00am.
• Entries will not be accepted UNTIL a certified school attendance list
(alpha list) with Date of Birth of all participants on School Letterhead
signed by the School Principal by May 27, 2018 9:00am.
• School list can be saved as a "PDF" and emailed to the Registration Committee C/O firstname.lastname@example.org
• The draw will be made public by May 27, 2018
• All members of competing crews excluding coxswains must be of the same sex
and all must wear the school racing uniform
• Each school shall be responsible for provision of its equipment as well as conduct
& physical fitness of all its competitors
• No composite crews allowed at any event. All members of crew must be
registered at the same school
• All fees are payable in Canadian Dollars
• Substitutes will only be accepted from your School's Alpha List. Students already
entered in two events are not eligible to be used as a substitute. The maximum
number of substitutes that can be use from the alpha list are: 4 for an eight; 2
for a four/quad and 1 for a pair/double. No substitutes are allowed in a single.
A $5.00cdn. fee per name change will be charged for each change made to
Entry fees for all events are based on the following $40.00 per entry and $5.00 per seat in each entry.
Effective April 2018 both Rowing Canada and Row Ontario will also add a seat fee to all entries!
All races are Open to any Collegiate, High School or Secondary School in the World. All Contestants who have been in regular
Day School attendance for the current School Term, have the certification of the School Principal and are under 19 years of age on 1st January, of the year of the competition may participate in this event.
CANADIAN SECONDARY SCHOOLS ROWING ASSOCIATION
Website: www.cssra.org || E-mail: email@example.com
All contents © 2002~2015 Canadian Secondary Schools Rowing Asociation - All Rights Reserved
• Send Certified Schools Attendance list to:
Canadian Secondary Schools Rowing Association Mail to:
9 Old Mill Road
St. Catharines, ON. Canada L2N 6X1.
or E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTICE TO ALL CLUBS, COACHES AND HIGH SCHOOL REPRESENTATIVES
The following points should be noted when preparing crew lists for entry in the
1. Eligibility: On "Semester" type schools, students must be enrolled and in regular
attendance in three (3) credit courses. In "Non Semester" schools, students
must be enrolled and in courses for a minimum of six (6) credit.
2. Competitors must produce photo ID at the weigh-ins and at the dock before launching. Current school year Photo ID or Goverment issued ID are the only acceptable IDs allowed. D.O.B. not required on School ID.
3. All competitors including coxswains will be allowed to enter a maximum of two
events. Should a School enter competitors in more than two events, those
entries will not be accepted.
4. All entries must include birthdates or they will not be accepted:
Seniors: Under 19 years of age January 1, year of the competition
Juniors: Under 16 years of age January 1, year of the competition
5. Semi finals will be held for all events with 22 entries or more.
6. All lightweight crews and all coxswains must weigh in each day that they race:
See weigh-in rules.
7. Any crew changes must be approved with the registrar in the regatta office by
4pm the day prior to the first heat of the event. Please bring copies of all your
entries. Crew changes are not allowed in the weigh-in room. A fee of $5 will be
assessed for each name change. The fee is due when the crew change is made.
8. Minimum weight for coxswains - Men's & Women's Races 45 kg.
See weigh-in rules.
9. There is no averaging of the athletes in the weight class events.
The stated weight is the maximum an individual may weigh.
10. All crews entered in draw will be assessed a $50 fee for a "no show" or
"scratch". Failure to pay will result in suspension of entire school for
11. No shell will be allowed on the water unless shoes are equipped with a safety
release, and heels are tied down and a bow ball is in place, bow number clip
12. Maximum entries are set at 63 per event. Only one entry per school per event
will be accepted.
The Chief Medical Officer or his/her staff have the authority to refuse any
athlete the usage of the course if in their opinion the athlete is unfit
14. Unsportsmanlike Conduct which includes but is not limited to foul,
abusive or profane language WILL NOT be permitted at the
Regatta Site before, during or after any racing by Competitors or
Team Officials, and that such Conduct may result in immediate
Disqualification from the Race or future Races at the Discretion of
the Regatta Chairman.